Tangerine Dream - Rubycon CD (album) cover

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

4 stars I remember when I first listened to this in 1985 feeling that it was all a bit cold - and 'interesting' rather than moving. Having dug it out again in the last 6 months I was surprised by the emotional impact of many sections. Beautiful, wistful, propulsive. It really does repay repeated listening. It is the small details that bring it to life. Many of these can go unnoticed at first. SEctions that sounded a bit mechanical increasingly reveal a keen aesthetic sensibility with each new listen. It might start out as background music but in the end will reward really close attention and carry you along.
| 4/5 |