Van Der Graaf Generator - The Aerosol Grey Machine  CD (album) cover

THE AEROSOL GREY MACHINE

Van Der Graaf Generator

Bilek
4 stars It is interesting to see all prog reviewers so far united on the number of the stars to give to this album... Not many debut albums are as brilliant as this, you can compare it to ItCotCK, or Grobschnitt's excellent debut. The album seems to suffer inferior production quality though (I remember somewhere the sound comes from only one channel for some seconds), and the material is not yet prog enough. But it is more than a promising sign of what is yet to come.

I also agree that it is a masterpiece on its own, but if I would call this a masterpiece, then I would have to rate the next 6 studio albums six or seven stars each, and since it is not possible I will have to ascribe 4 stars only! Actually this is an essential piece, especially to see the development of a landmark in prog history! Solid 4 stars!

Bilek | 4/5 |