Gentle Giant - Free Hand  CD (album) cover

Gentle Giant

3 stars I think I'm bound to dislike Gentle Giant.Like I said in my review of "Octopus", I do not know what my problem with this band, but ... I am not able to rock this complex and anti-commercial of them (well at least it was until this anti-commercial album that I'm commenting, "Free Hand"). I really do not understand why the albums of GG are considered masterpieces.

At least "Free Hand" takes advantage of "Octopus"and "The Power and the Glory": the melodies are not so bad, with higher harmonies vocals.But ... there is no memorable songs (although I think "His last voyage "and" Talybont "deserve a special mention). The sound is cold and lifeless at times, which will not improve my opinion.

3.5 stars for this album, although I find it superior to "Octopus" and "The Power and the Glory. "

voliveira | 3/5 |