Beardfish - Mammoth CD (album) cover

MAMMOTH

Beardfish

Tuskarilla
3 stars Fine musicians. When I was at their concert, I was under impression of masterly execution of complex compositions. But to my regret the new album has not pleased me. The tendency on recession is already noticed in an album ' Destined Solitaire '. But nevertheless it is not deprived grace and interesting finds. But certainly the top is an album ' Sleeping In Traffic Part 2 '.

The obvious tendency to heavy music, composition became closer to hard prog. That has not made music more beautifully. Moreover, I shall note, the band's sound became more rough, excellent Ricard's vocal is not used on 100 %. Probably, it is attempt to leave from patterns, from influence Zappa, but this not too successful decision.

Ricard's solo album much more interestingly and more musically, than ' Mammoth ', that speaks about much. A decline? Or a way to new opening?

Tuskarilla | 3/5 |