Queen - Queen CD (album) cover

QUEEN

Queen

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
4 stars I'll give all Queen albums a true rating without concerning myself whether they are prog or not (not IMHO). Actually this is one of the last Queen album I bought (had everything until Jazz) , and I was very surprised to see how many tracks I knew (almost everyone of them - whether I consciously knew they were Queen tracks or not) at the first time I lay the vinyl on my turntable!

All first five tracks are absolute classics showing how great a scope of songs Queen could encompass , displaying superb pop songwriting abilities, excellent musicianship , good production means. The second side pales a bit in comparison but remains of a tremendous and imaginative songwriting level. Liar is simply the track i enjoy most , but not one weak track! Regardless of the proressiveness or not , what a fabulous rock album.

Sean Trane | 4/5 |