Queen - A Night At The Opera CD (album) cover

A NIGHT AT THE OPERA

Queen

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
4 stars Again I will rate Queen regardless of the "prog or not" debate as I will consider that this is one of the inevitable album of the 70's. I mean there was no escaping this album (or Queen in general) as you lived though those years! Even my grandparents had to admit to them being different , I even caught my mother humming a few songs (Best Friend , Somebody To Love , Scaramouchka the Bohemian that raps-sods-and-dies , etc...) simply because of the clever songwriting outstanding arrangements and sheer ingenuity. How could a male teenager resist the I'm In Love With My Car even if his car was a rust bucket?

Even so , I cannot help thinking that this album is slightly over-rated and mostly for Bohemians reasons. I mean there are weaker songs on this album , (I will not single them out, though) and songs thay are a bit too easy (Seaside RV) to my tastes! However , Queen must be a;long with 10CC the cleverest and most gifted pop/rock songwriters.

Sean Trane | 4/5 |