Echolyn - The End Is Beautiful CD (album) cover

THE END IS BEAUTIFUL

Echolyn

Johnny Marsh
5 stars After just one listening of The End Is Beautful, I can confidently say this album is easily worth 5-stars and will become a future Echolyn classic in the same league as As The World and Mei.

Filled with poignant, beautiful and clearly very personal lyrics which are delivered by the inimitable vocals of Brett Kull and Ray Weston, TEIB provides the huge range of styles, moods, tempos and light & shade we've come to expect from Echolyn.

In the way that Mei introduced us to a chamber orchestra in support, TEIB does the same with saxophone and trumpet to good effect.

Further listenings will no doubt reveal more of the layers that typify this outstanding truly progressive band from Philadelphia. Their sound is totally unique with no obvious parallels with any bands, past or present; though their influences are hinted at on occasion.

I can barely contain my excitement at seeing them perform for the very first time in Europe in London on 3rd September.

Johnny Marsh | 5/5 |