Far Corner - Far Corner CD (album) cover

Far Corner

Dan Yaron
4 stars Far Corner is a chamber RIO band from USA. This band is influenced by few elements which are RIO (especially Univers Zero), jazz/fusion, metal, 70's prog and classic music. The band consists of four members. It's actually a quartet that plays some fine tunes, and this quartet offers its good playing skills, some sort of originality and sophistacted compositions. The quartet consists of a cellist, a bassist, a drummer and a keyboardist. The cellist plays the role of a guitarist that isn't afraid of using a distortion, and that role is quite interesting. On the other hand, the cellist also plays accoustically like any other RIO cellist. However, I must admit that the distorted cello is more exciting than the accoustic cello since I hadn't heard anything like that before I heard Far Corner. In a nutshell, if you dig chamber RIO like Univers Zero and Art Zoyd but jazzier and more metallic than this album has been recorded for you ! Moreover, the music by Far Corner is even catchier , in my opinion, than the bands that I've mentioned above. Recommended!
Dan Yaron | 4/5 |