Becoming the Archetype - Dichotomy CD (album) cover

Becoming the Archetype

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

5 stars For Progressive technical death metal this is the best there is. Wonderful soaring guitars, interesting keyboard interludes, fast paced drumming, and masterful musicianship. BTA has one of the best growlers as well, Jason Wisdom screams are earth shattering and easliy discernable. He will never be Akerfeldt (Opeth), but he is awesome. BTA blends brutal and progressive elements with extreme precision. The lyrics are awesome as well with deep Christian elements. Love Deep Heaven's lyircs about how heaven is where we need to put our focus and is the true home for Christ's children. End of the Age is epic as well with lyrics expressing the Almighty's might and power. Not to forget the incredible breakdown in Ransom, "My hands have taught me terrible things, His hands have SET ME FREE!" Awesome. BTA is not your average metal band, incorporating tight musicianship and experimental elements these guys are boss. Thanks BTA! Five out five. If you don't like the great talent of growling and screaming skip this. This is not Genesis (which is a fantastic prog band anyway).
AlexDOM | 5/5 |