Emerson Lake & Palmer - Black Moon  CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

4 stars Maybe you'll find my review a bit tendentious. Black Moon was my introductory album to ELP. This happened back in the days when i was a 15 year old boy that was already a fan of Pink Floyd, Supertramp and other more commercial bands of the 70's like Dire Straits and Queen.The way to accustom an ear to the prog world is ought to be progressive itself. For many people, listening to agressive prog like Yes, Gentle Giant and King Crimson for the first time is like killing the little chance they had to gain interest in this astonishing genre. This was the album that awakened the real passion i have for music complexity nowadays, therefore it has a deep sentimental value to me. I know that the levels of originality are far below the primordial standards, but you've got to remember that they had a very long hiatus on their careers, the reunion on the 90's must had required quite a study in order to conquer new audience. At least they dared to try something different, unlike many bland grunge bands at the time.Still an arguably eclectic set of tracks at the disposal of prog laymans.

3 stars - in general 4 stars - from me 5 stars - Progland foreigners