Iluvatar - Children CD (album) cover

CHILDREN

Iluvatar

ds009b3233
3 stars Well, I bought this album (and follow up) mainly based on recommendations and a love of prog rock. I have to say that it was rather disappointing as there was nothing on the album that made my hairs stand up or possess the type of melodies that the best prog/neo rock bands do. I am also not a fan of the kind of singer that the USA tends to churn out with most neo prog/prog bands (apart from Neal Morse of course).

If my comrades in the USA think this is wonderful then I have no issue with this but can I ask them to check out RPWL, IQ, Pendragon, Riverside and Satellite (best album this year in Evening Games) to really appreciate true neo prog work that will have the hairs rising on the back of your neck and with vocalists who do not sound like 100 others.

Shame about the album but clearly there are so many better bands around who are doing more amazing things - Riverside for one.

| 3/5 |