Enchant - Wounded CD (album) cover

WOUNDED

Enchant

Valarius
3 stars After a strong debut showing, Enchant follow up with an album that certainly leaves me feeling a bit 'Wounded'.

With high expectations after the brilliant 'A Blueprint of the World', 'Wounded' fails to live up to the same standard expected from one of the world's most beloved Prog bands. The problem I find with this album is that most of the songs just 'aren't happening'. I wouldn't say they're boring or bland, but there's just no spark to them that gets me truly excited.

As with most Enchant albums, the first song is a true gem, but the rest of the album takes a while for me to digest. Whilst that patience won through the first time around, this time I wasn't as impressed. Besides said first track 'Below Zero', 'Pure' and 'Missing' are some songs worth getting this album for, but besides these three, the rest of the songs are 'good' at best (but at least none of them are 'bad').

There's some fine musicianship, and Ted Leonards vocals are always a joy to hear, but overall this album can only be summed up as 'good, but non-essential'.

Valarius | 3/5 |