The Who - Who Are You CD (album) cover

The Who

2 stars The Who do 90125...

This was the final album to feature Keith Moon on the drums as he sadly passed away within weeks of its release.

The Good: The awesome title track.

The Bad: There's no point in comparing this to Who's Next or Quadrophenia as it shows a very different musical approach from the band. Whilst I won't deny its certainly poppier than their previous work it is also much more progressive than a lot of people give it credit for. But the big question is does it work? Almost. The problem is that whilst none of the songs are particularly bad they just aren't that memorable either. I've listened to this album many times as I do enjoy it, but the only thing I could tell you with any certainty is there's a hypnotic synth mash-up on Sister Disco, and that your listening experience would not be in any way hindered if you were to simply skip to the final track.

The Verdict: The end of an era.

Starhammer | 2/5 |