Arena - Contagion CD (album) cover

CONTAGION

Arena

The Crow
5 stars This is one of the best prog albums from the last years, in my humble opinion...

I love every song included here, and the work of every musician. Rob Sowden has an incredible voice and he sings in a powerful passionate way, Mike Pointer made a very consistent work with great drums sound (the Salamander's drums intro is amazing..), Ian Salmon's bass brights in songs like Tsunami and This Way Madness Lies, John Mitchell's work is very creative with good riffs (Witch Hunt) and magnificent solos (Painted Man) and Clive Nolan... Just hear Rinding The Tide!!! Great!!! A progressive orgasm!!!!

I'd like to emphasize the Clive Nolan's lyrics, with great moments and a good concept. Some lyrics, like Salamander and Bitter Harvest, are really catchy! But all the album's lyrics have an splendid quality. I think Clive Nolan's work with Arena it's very much productive and creative than his work in Pendragon, because he is the center and the soul of Arena. But we can't forgive the marvellous work of all the others members.

An incredible album. And the best Neo Progressive I've heard...

The Crow | 5/5 |