Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

2 stars A basic mid 70's hard rock album ala' Led Zepplin with John Rutsey on drums instead of Neil Peart that has little to offer as a real Rush progressive album. As a debut album by a band it is pretty good, but there are not any songs that interest me much. I guess "Working Man" is my favorite if I must select one. Compared to what was to come this is pretty weak. I feel Rush never hit their true prog-form until after FLY BY NIGHT and CARESS OF STEEL. 2112 was their first prog album, really, in my opinion. As a relic of 70's hard power rock it's ok, but for my taste it fails to measure up. And I think some guy they knew from high school designed the cover...ugh. 2 stars for UnProgRush.
mohaveman | 2/5 |