Magma - K.A CD (album) cover

K.A

Magma

Zeuhl

voliveira
3 stars In recent months, come to discover the wonderful world of progressive rock .Exploring "more of the same",only to explore new and unknown bands, I found myself in a night of boredom and I made a decision.

And then I heard the strangest album of my life.

Magma is a French progressive rock band formed in 1969 that created alone the genre Zeuhl (whose name came from the language itself created by the leader of band, Christian Vander-it Kobaian).35 years after they release one that may be his masterpiece and that left me completely bewildered.

There is a moment of complete sense here.I have no idea what is being sung (they could swear to my mother and I do not know). This furious fusion jazz, vocals, intriguing and mystical lyrics (which takes a man to create its own language?), K.A. is reminiscent of a few more unfinished projects of band in 70s years and is the second in a trilogy that began with "Kohntarkosz" (1974) and ended with "mhnthtt-R"(2009)-though on the order things are not exactly so.

3 stars.Ugly and strange, as I never saw.

voliveira | 3/5 |