Hayward & Lodge (The Moody Blues) - Blue Jays CD (album) cover

BLUE JAYS

Hayward & Lodge (The Moody Blues)

burgersoft777
4 stars I cannot imagine why I did not buy this record when it came out somehow it passed me by. So somewhat later, I have finally given this record the plays it deserves, and frankly its wonderful. I always liked the M.B's but found some parts of their music a little irritating , they were a band that everyone seemed to respect despite some embarrassing moments.

Blue Jays, seems to be free of such defects of style, and is closer to the brilliant Seventh Sojourn than any other moodies recording. The inclusion of Blue-guitar is a real bonus and tidies up nicely.

A very pleasant album that demonstrates the very skilful writing of haywood and Lodge.

burgersoft777 | 4/5 |