Roger Waters - Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)* CD (album) cover

MUSIC FROM THE BODY (WITH RON GEESIN)*

Roger Waters

Buh
4 stars First off, this is a Ron Geesin album (with Roger Waters), so let's get that straight right at the beginning.

I bought this because I enjoyed Geesin's work on the Atom Heart Mother Suite, and this was not disappointing at all. Bizarre but enjoyable all the way through.

Ron Geesin gives us a musical tour through the body, with songs ranging from beautiful cello pieces to spanish guitar based songs, to a cappella screaming. All the songs are slightly overlapped, so there's really never any down time. The worst parts of the album, I'd say, are Roger Waters' songs. Some of them are good, but they are all very samey with the melodies, and most of them are acoustic ballads.

This is one of the most atmospheric albums I've listened to, and despite it's oddness and overall obscurity, this is definitely worth a listen!!!

Buh | 4/5 |