Pink Floyd - Meddle CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4.31 | 2067 ratings

Sheavy
5 stars Review requested by jean-marie.

Meddle by Pink Floyd is where the found their true identity and sound. the begining song One Of These Days is in contention for being the best instrumental song by them ever, with it's amazing bass line, great synth part, and some really nice guitar work by Gilmour. Everything about this song is steller. Another standout song is the amazing song Fearless. this is the song I listen to a whole lot before going out to practice with my school's Cross Country team ( this or Gong's Master Builder) because the lyrics ae just amazing here, to me this is before Pink Floyd got really caught up in making political statements and similar in their albums. This song is just one of those songs that has such immense power, without any loudness to it. It is simply to me possibly one of the best songs ever wirtten, in my opinion.

The other real standout is the epic Echoes. It never gets boring and keeps my attention held throughout the entire song, with it's cool spacey parts and guiitar playing. The rest of the songs are all also very amazing songs, and I can not say that I could ever pick a song here that I think is the "worst", because there are all top notch.

This is the second ( first going to Wish You Were Here) best PF album ever made, and one which gets over shadowed by PF's other big hitters in the Prog genre.

Sheavy | 5/5 |