Planeta Imaginario - ¿Qué Me Dices? CD (album) cover

¿QUÉ ME DICES?

Planeta Imaginario

tmay102436
4 stars This is a bit different, and quite American sounding, but yet very much a Spanish band. The music ranges from straight ahead jazz to rock to fusion, painting quite a nice picture of tone and color.

The emphasis here is on harmonic development and structure. Combined with some nice soloing and an interesting addition to a bit of spacey synth (very little - but quite effective!) this album is a great start for a talented group of players.

I believe that this one is getting quite hard to get (I think I read that it was going out of print) so snap it up...I have heard bits of their next two releases, which go in a bit of a different direction from their freshman release.

The wonderful world of music has no boundaries, and thank goodness brings us talented groups like Planeta Imaginario to enjoy!

tmay102436 | 4/5 |