IQ - Dark Matter CD (album) cover

DARK MATTER

IQ

voliveira
3 stars I really am not the biggest fan of the neo-prog world, but every once in a while comes a work of a band of this sub-genre and impresses me, as is the case with "Contagion" at the Arena and "Pure" from Pendragon.

But is not the case of "Dark Matter". I really had hopes for this album, but in the end the result is somewhat disappointing.

The music is average, there is a total disgrace, I have to say, but does not impress me in the all.Only the epic final "The harvest of souls" (which tries to be a modern version of "Supper's Ready") is good, but it is irregular,unfortunately.The singer's voice sounds exhausting to me, while the keyboards are the main positive point-mellotrons excellent!

It's a shame that this album has not been so good to me.3 stars.

voliveira | 3/5 |