Queen - Greatest Hits CD (album) cover

GREATEST HITS

Queen

baz91
4 stars Queen's 'Greatest Hits' album is one of the finest compilations I know, and I would be very lost without it. Through this album, I have managed to bond with my non-progressive friends in a semi-progressive way. There's no denying that on more than a few of these songs, Queen show some very progressive tendencies, whilst keeping the music radio-friendly. I've always found it odd how so many people enjoy the intricacies of songs like Bohemian Rhapsody and Bicycle Race and yet balk at the mention of Yes or King Crimson. While there is certainly a difference between Queen and the classic prog bands, this difference is not quite as profound as many people may believe.

In general, Queen's songs are extremely light-hearted affairs, but rock hard and are extremely memorable. Many of the songs on this compilation show the group getting the mixture of these different factors just right, with the result being songs that will last for generations. Queen's 'Greatest Hits' is a perfect introduction to the legendary Queen.

baz91 | 4/5 |