David Byrne - David Byrne CD (album) cover

DAVID BYRNE

David Byrne

Sheavy
4 stars This album from main Talking Heads man David Byrne is quite a good album for me not really having cared for most of the other albums I have heard from him. It is not really progressive, but it is very Artsy Pop, and I think this album is one of the best Artsy Pop albums that is not true Prog. This album is mostly a fairly dark album lyricly, with some of the songs, like Sad Song and You And Eye, having pretty upbeat music, but not to upbeat lyrics. A theme that kind of keeps popping up, to me, throughout this album is humanity and it's many flaws, and normally this theme is on the darker songs and some pretty disturbing and chilling lyrics(A Self Made Man, You And Eye, Strange Ritual).

I like every song on this album from the ballad like My Love Is You, to the heavier Crash. Overall this album is a quite good Art Pop album, even though it is not quite Prog.

Highly recommeneded.