Symphony X - Iconoclast CD (album) cover

ICONOCLAST

Symphony X

elcaballodecaligula
1 stars I'm pretty sure that nowadays prog metal fans are needy of an event of big proportions in order to see a much more clear horizon for the future. The problem is that sometimes they don't really ask for it. They simply accept what's out there and even applaud to it. And with "Iconoclast" we can say it is the same case.

Previously, I really enjoyed listening to SYMPHONY X because of their somewhat recycled but fairly amusing sound and musicianship, that essentially consists of quick guitar shreding, high volume percussion and long vertical keyboard scales. But when ten years pass us by, it becomes very clear that their style becomes more and more self-indulgent and zombiesque, falling into the excesses of marketing propaganda and vacuous musical spectacle. You might say that I'm being too harsh, but I think we have the right to demand more from good musicians like Michael Romeo and Michael Pinnella, so that we can somehow stop this escalade of awful prog metal albums coming form fairly decent bands.

elcaballodecaligula | 1/5 |