Hella - Church Gone Wild/Chirpin Hard CD (album) cover

CHURCH GONE WILD/CHIRPIN HARD

Hella

Post Rock/Math rock

Sheavy
1 stars Wow, I really do not like this album at all. Most people would not understand what I am talking about here, but just like there is good and bad albums in any genre, there is good and bad albums in the noise genre. This album for me falls into the noise genre, and it is not a good noise album.

For starters, Zach Hills piece is way to long for me, and the only thing that I like is his crazy drumming. I am really glad that he broke this into twelve movements instead of one enormous collage of craziness. I can barely get through this song filled with too much music that reminds me of chip tune music.

The next record was no more enjoyable. it is to electronic-y and I find nothing too hold on too with either of these sets. Maybe if it was shorter I could give this album a two star rating, but as it is, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and just serves too pinch my nerves in a bad way ( The Residents know how to pinch my nerves, but in a good way ). Only get this if you can find it for cheap, and you are a completionist.

One star.