Comedy Of Errors - Disobey CD (album) cover

Comedy Of Errors

5 stars I attended the Abel Ganz/Credo gig in Glasgow in May 2011 and I was very pleasantly surprised that Comedy of Errors were also on the bill and launching their new album Disobey. They played a 40 minute set, which was quite sensational, and I bought the album there and then. It is always a joy when you "discover" a gem, and Disobey is truly that. Very much in the NeoProg style, it explodes into life with the very first (title) track, and with one exception maintains a very high standard right to the end. The track, which stood out for me live and on the album is the instrumental Prelude, Riff and Fugue. It starts off with a Focusesque harpsichord sound and builds slowly to the introduction of some magnificent guitar work. It was stunning live and has been running through my head ever since. American Rodeo is the one track that disappoints, being more hard rock than prog rock. Not withstanding this, I have awarded full marks as I will be listening to this album for a long time to come.
TartanTantrum | 5/5 |