Tangerine Dream - Cyclone CD (album) cover

CYCLONE

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Sheavy
3 stars (I thought I might as well do a review on a album that exists within the sphere of New Age music, that is the best I have ever heard, just to show people what I think constitutes good New Age. Read my reviews on Vangelis's The City and Direct, if you do not know what I am talking about ).

While this album is a personnal favorite by Tangerine Dream, I do not think the vocals are very good and really do not enhance the music at all, rather they get in the way in my opinion. The music is very good though and still has a very Tangerine feel to it with the very cool spacey synths, and other effects. Both Madgigal Meridian, and Bent Cold Sidewalk, are good even though Sidewalk is let down by the vocals which are pretty bad, and as for Endless Ruiner, er, Runner, it is a very bad song that I skip over any time I listen to this cd, or on my Ipod.

Approach with caution. A very controversial album, that divides fans.

Sheavy | 3/5 |