Khan - Space Shanty CD (album) cover

SPACE SHANTY

Khan

Canterbury Scene

progrules
5 stars Heavy Canterbury !

Actually this album caused the same experience for me as Atlas' Bla Vardag. A lesser known prog gem that I got hooked on immediately and never disliked for one second. Some albums simply have that impact on you (fortunately) and in the end there will be no other outcome than the full five.

Through the years I get stronger and stronger appealed to the Canterbury music thanks to their delicious organ and (when Steve plays it) guitar sound. I simply can't get enough of it and the longer the solos the better for me. Khan decided to produce these features with a heavy (and also spacey at times) sound to create this unique album. Like several other reviewers already stated: what a shame they did this only once !

Because I would have liked a couple of more experiences like this. But as so often a masterpiece is created only once in a while and even brilliant composers like these guys are no machines and maybe had this one time inspiration when they produced this. Too bad but at least I will always cherish this one and consider it a highlight in my collection. Many thanks to PA for helping me discover it and I can only recommend it strongly to all other proggers at least those who already have a soft spot for Canterbury.

progrules | 5/5 |