Symphony X - Iconoclast CD (album) cover

ICONOCLAST

Symphony X

voliveira
4 stars EVEN BETTER!

"Iconoclast", the new Symphony X album ,really struck me.I really thought they had peaked with the previous version of "Paradise Lost", but this album is proof positive that they are improving their sound.

Some say "Iconoclast" is darker than anything they've done, I do not see it, the sound is really quite heavy, but not so dark it that her two previous albums for example.Current album is also quite short but has a few songs (seven in total, making it the album with the fewest among all the band's songs)

As stated before, the sound is heavier, as only one track running to this rule ("When all is lost", which is pretty cool). Actually there is not a weak track here, as each has its potential, but I needless to say, the title track that opens it is truly EPIC!

4.5 stars!