Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will CD (album) cover

HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE, BUT YOU WILL

Mogwai

Post Rock/Math rock

The Truth
4 stars Mogwai dished out another excellent 2011 release that proves that this year may be the year of post-rock with many great releases coming from that genre.

I've never heard any album quite like this one and I'm not sure what it is about it I love. There is definitely a wide range of influences, I hear some from Radiohead and some from GY!BE and there are many others and I think I love this alot. The album is never boring at any point in time and each track maintains the listener's interest with ease, each one is crafted beautifully into post-rock at it's absolute best.

A perfect example of this perfect post-rock would be the closing track which contains voice samples, an excellent atmosphere, slow building intensity and various other small things that really make the listener admire the beauty.

It's an album of those subtle little things that you can't put you're finger on but you know you love.

A strong contender for album of the year, 4 stars.

The Truth | 4/5 |