Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Starhammer
3 stars Unenlightened Side of the Moon...

This album needs no introduction, ever present in lists of what are considered to be the greatest albums of all time, not least here at Prog Archives. Even people with little musical interest will recognise the iconic artwork.

The Good: Undoubtedly influential, and highly important within the history of rock music. It also has some good tunes on it.

The Bad: I just don't get it. I really, really don't. It's a good album and I've listened to it countless times but excellent? Hardly. A masterpiece? Not even close. I don't even think it's particularly ground-breaking as there were many, far more unique albums released prior to 1973. Whilst the individual tracks are all great compositions, one of the problems lies in the fact that they seem so isolated, and the whole release has a very disjointed feel to it.

The Verdict: Not even the best of Pink Floyd, let alone the best of all time.

Starhammer | 3/5 |