Earthless - Rhythms from a Cosmic Sky CD (album) cover

RHYTHMS FROM A COSMIC SKY

Earthless

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Sheavy
4 stars A very pleasant album.

This very much reminds me of a mix between German Krautrock bands with guitar jam tendencies, and heavier doom/blues bands like Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple. The two main songs on here are both extremely good jams, with Godspeed starting off with a freak-out which goes on for some minutes until it falls into a good jam, which the guitar starts to solo, and never looks back. The next track Sonic Prayer opens with a very trippy intro, which then goes into some heavier jamming about five minutes in. Some more very good guitar work here, on both these songs.

Cherry red is a cover of a song by blues band Groundhogs ( which are here on PA ). I really can not decide which version I like better because this is one of the better covers songs out there, with some great guitar work, with a blistering solo, on this track and some very intense drums and bass.

This will appeal to heavy psych people or people who like more loosely structured jams. Both of these things appeal to me, so this is a great album to have.

Sheavy | 4/5 |