Iron Butterfly - Live CD (album) cover

LIVE

Iron Butterfly

Proto-Prog

Sheavy
3 stars Featureing some super psychedelic cover artwork, this album comes off as a last ditch attempt to egt some fans back on board from there extreme misstep that was Ball.

Personnaly this is a pretty average recording that does have some of my favorites by the band, being Filed With fear, and of course In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, which is also my main reason for getting this live release. Of course this is also because of the much renknowned drum solo. It is in fact a very groovy drum solo, if you are looking for a super fast technically near impossible drum solo from a live album, do not look here as it is not Moby Dick from How The West Was Won, it is however a still very good solo, and one of my first drum solos, I ever heard that went on for at least a good 9 to 10 minutes. The performances are all very good on the other tracks as well, but unforetunately, Iron Butterfly were one of those bands that had one to many missed oportunities and did not transition very well into the 70's.

A very good live album nonetheless.

Sheavy | 3/5 |