King's X - Tape Head CD (album) cover

TAPE HEAD

King's X

Sheavy
2 stars For a introduction to a band I have heard good things about, this seems like the worst possible place to start. I got this because it was just 99 cents at a second clothing store and happened to notice this and Manic Moonlight both for that price, so I decided not to pass up this chance. I am very glad I did not pay more for these cds.

This really sounds like a very boring mix of hard rock, with some grunge like sounds. All of the songs sound very dull and uninspired, and the best thing about all these tracks is when a guitar solo comes in. Other than that the is nothing here that appeals much to me. It really sounds like a sub par Nirvana wanna-be band.

Sheavy | 2/5 |