Pascal Comelade - Métode de Rocanrol CD (album) cover

MÉTODE DE ROCANROL

Pascal Comelade

Progressive Electronic

Sheavy
4 stars This is a very strange find.

With the very wide range of instruments played on this album, you have to expect a very out of the ordinary sounding album here, and a very wierd cover of a naked girl wearing a mickey mouse mask, this one is certaintly a one of the kind release.

The songs here all have a pretty happy feel to them, and it reminds me of Italy whenever I listen to this cd. All the songs are instrumental, with a wide varity of ideas, that never make this a boring listen. It is a album that I will never get bored of. There is also a heavy Avant-Garde influence on some of the tracks. For example the beginning of Elvis Loved Dogs has some very, very out of tune banjo ( I think?), that really reminded me of The Residents, before it gets very laid back with some accordian, and harmonica. The strange banjo is also makes another appearance, just to remind that this is a extremely out of the ordinary record.

This is not a Prog Electronic release, and I would say it resembles Avant-Garde more than anything else.

Highly recommended to people who like strange happy little records.

Sheavy | 4/5 |