Babe Ruth - Grand Slam: The Best of Babe Ruth CD (album) cover

GRAND SLAM: THE BEST OF BABE RUTH

Babe Ruth

Sheavy
2 stars This band was one that I always held on the lower tier of Heavier Prog, not even being on the same level as a lot of more underrated and unknown bands.

Anyway, Babe Ruth has released some good songs, and this compilation does do a good job getting there better ones, but there is nothing interesting for most people to sink their teeth into here, unless you simply adore the band, but that is not me, nor as it seems, most people here.

For the most part this gets the better songs from the akbums after First Base, and it has my favorites from First Base, like Wells Fargo. This compilation also has some of their worst sons too. Doctor Love is a terrible song, and the following Gimme Some Leg is a sub-par blues song that makes me wish I had never bothered with this.

Good thing I did not spend money on this, do not bother.

Sheavy | 2/5 |