Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

RUSH

Rush

The Crow
2 stars This Rush's debut it's only a correct 70's rock album, but almost nothing progressive here...

Here we can find songs in a very Led Zeppelin's style, like the first track Finding My Way, where Geddy Lee tries to sing like Robert Plant, like in the whole album. Songs like Take A Friend, Need Some Love and In The Mood are in this same way. Others like Here Again, are more bluesy, but never more original... Obviously, Rush were still trying to find their own sound in this work... And I miss a lot the Neil Peart drumming and lyrics in this album too...

Best songs for me: Finding My Way (good rocking songs, with great singing but not too original...), Before and After (with a beautiful guitar introduction...) and Working Man (with a riff that remembers me a little to Black Sabbath...)

It's not a bad album, but it's almost nothing original or surprising here and it's not indicate to prog lovers. Only for Rush's fans!!!

The Crow | 2/5 |