Yes - Fragile CD (album) cover

FRAGILE

Starhammer
5 stars The Awakemaning...

The fourth studio release from Yes and the first to feature contributions from the now legendary keyboardist.

The Good: Whilst Close to the Edge is probably their most accomplished work, Fragile is easily my favourite. The format of the album features four 'group' tracks and five 'individual' showcases, which give each member of the band room to express themselves. Whilst I'm not usually one to go in for bonus material, the brilliant cover of Simon and Garfunkel's America is also a welcome addition. My favourite track is probably Heart of the Sunrise although everytime I listen to Roundabout that keyboard solo gets stuck in my head for days!

The Bad: Never been a huge fan of Cans and Brahms.

The Verdict: Whilst I don't consider some of the tracks to be individual masterpieces, their collective effect makes this one of the easiest five stars I have ever awarded.

Starhammer | 5/5 |