Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly (promo single) CD (album) cover

LEARNING TO FLY (PROMO SINGLE)

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

memowakeman
1 stars Learn to Fly!

Honestly, there is not much to say about this single. "Learning to Fly" was probably the most successful track from their first Waters-less album entitled "A Momentary Lapse of Reason", it was also a radio single, so clearly the direction of Pink Floyd's music was a little bit different. With Gilmour as the leader (hypothetically) this track functioned as an attractive and catchy piece of music that would appeal to Pink Floyd fans.

I am not sure if the song is actually a let-down, but I know it did really have success and even gained new fans for the band. Well, so then the decision of making this a 12-inch vinyl single was taken. The fact is that here you will not find any other song, just the original version and the radio-edit version of Learning to Fly, nothing more. So if you like the song, buy it, if you are a die-hard Pink Floyd fan, buy it, otherwise it is not worth it. My final grade will be one star, since I believe this is only for completionists. However?

Enjoy it!