Rush - Icon CD (album) cover

ICON

Rush

AtomicCrimsonRush
Symphonic Team
2 stars A Rush of compilations...

Okay, the burning question is why oh why do we need another compilation from Rush? Surely the market has been satiatiated enough with the Rush product. There is nothing unique or unreleased on offer and unless you have nothing from the band and want a budget CD as a gift, the Cd is obsolete. If I received it as a gift it would look nice in my collection but I would never need to play it. Rush are a brilliant powerhouse band but enough already with the compilations!

Surely a live album or at least some outtake tracks or demos would have been better than the same old tracks every true Rush fan would have. The packaging is nothing special though it has one thing going for it. The title! Rush are indeed worthy of the label "icon"! Rush newbies? Just go buy Farewell to Kings, 2112, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, and Permanent Waves. Don't waste money on these budget comps.

AtomicCrimsonRush | 2/5 |