Mostly Autumn - The Story So Far... CD (album) cover

Mostly Autumn

Prog Folk

RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars The only things that creates a gap from this DVD and a masterpiece is some childish video shooting around a big oak and for me the absence of the track which has conquered me to Mostly Autumn that's "The Gap Is Too Wide.

It's very interesting, instead, how the director alternates shootings taken from a live performance and from the rehearsals, those seconds in b/w. It's a good idea even if only at images level.

The interviews are not too invasive respect to the very good music and somewhat interesting and last but not least, the songs come from the first three studio albums (their bests IMO) and are performed by their best lineup (again, my opinion).

Let me add that I have realized how good "Evergreen" is after watching the DVD where it's excellently performed.

For fans of MA and Prog folk in general but also for who likes the Gilmour's kind of guitar.

octopus-4 | 4/5 |