Neuschwanstein - Battlement CD (album) cover

BATTLEMENT

Neuschwanstein

Prognut
5 stars A Lost Gem of late 70's (1978), from Germany. Sang in English. The comparison with Genesis is clear, especially when you start digging into the singer. Whom I definitively agree with James sounds like young Peter Gabriel!

The music has a Genesis aftertaste (early period). However, do not expect a Genesis clone. No guitar or synths ala Hacket/Banks, but the acoustic parts sound pretty much on that realm. Also I have to agree that Camel influence were there.....and, since their influences are 2 of my all time favs bands, I have put this CD in a very handy and special place on my collection.

A real winner, that capture the 70's sound one more time and delivers a lot of that fantastic Mellotron with a special acoustic charm!!! 5 Solid stars!!!

Prognut | 5/5 |