Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies CD (album) cover

SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES

Arcturus

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

aragornprepa
4 stars Arcturus comes back with this new album!

I had high expectations after the amazing "The Sham Mirrors" and I am not disappointed at all!

The madness and the sounds of outer space are still there. The songs are brilliantly interpretated, and the new singer Simen Hestnaes (also in Dimmu Borgir) has a very beautiful voice (he's a better singer than Garm), which illuminates the songs.

This album can't considered as black metal (no blast beats and grim voices anecdotic), so every fan of progressive can enjoy it.

I won't accord four stars to this album because I think it is not as good as "The Sham Mirrors" and "La Masquerade Infernale". The songs are less "avant-gardistes" and there are fewer experimentations.

However, it's a very good album! Arcturus is definitely a leader of the experimental music.

| 4/5 |