Quintessence - Oceans of Bliss: An Introduction to Quintessence CD (album) cover

OCEANS OF BLISS: AN INTRODUCTION TO QUINTESSENCE

Quintessence

Indo-Prog/Raga Rock

Matti
3 stars This band operated in England but most of their members had an Ethnic background. Indian philosophy and music culture can be heard in their music. I'm not usually very keen on Eastern music but here East and West are united nicely. Quintessence may be of interest to listeners of early jazz-rock or instrumentally oriented Psychedelia, even if you don't actually expect to enjoy Indian influences.

This 68-minute compilation includes selections (some of them as live versions) from their first three albums, 1969-1971, which I believe is their best era. Probably a good introduction to the band. For me this is enough anyway. Some tracks I enjoyed to some degree, some I didn't.

Matti | 3/5 |