The Nice - Five Bridges Suite CD (album) cover

The Nice

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
2 stars I fall asleep every time I try to listen to this . But it doesn't stop me from sleeping either so it must not be as bad as that . I realize that once more , I am going against the majority , but when such an album (of classical reworks) takes an effort to LISTEN to it , then you will agree that there is a problem

Not only is the new material relastively boring and uninteresting , but there are tracks that are rewoks of reworks such as the Karelia Suite and Brandenburger concerts as both had appeared on their second album Ars Longa Vita Brevis. So I find very little point to this album and I was severely disappointed as I had spent an almost full two years tracking down the vinyl in the early 80's.

Please note that the bonus tracks are all from the debut album , and do not fit well with the original tracks of this album. If you have any interest into those bonus , better get their outstanding debut!

Sean Trane | 2/5 |