Yes - Drama CD (album) cover

4 stars "Is really a DRAMA !", ... but if the band is YES... "The DRAMA is over !"....with the forgiveness of play on words with the title of this albun, I have a question; "What band could be survive to the simultaneous departure of two monsters such as Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman ,( mainly in the early 80's a critical moment to progressive rock) ?" The answer is YES !!! oops... excuse me again...In spite of many fans of YES and the specialized press reject the disk, I consider the music in this albun a precursor of progressive survival in the subsequent years and the responsible to launch some foundations of neo-prog and more specifically for the prog metal style ; a brief audition for the first Track "Machine Messiah" ( the introduction, the guitar/keyboards duo in the middle section of the track, the bass guitar "response" to this duo and the climax of the theme ) corroborate my words ! Besides the albun presents another great moments, the Track 3 "Does It Really Happen?" with a outstanding bass guitar and the Track 6 "Tempus Fugit". Due this considerations, my rate is 4 stars !!!
maryes | 4/5 |