Nuova Era - Il Passo Del Soldato  CD (album) cover

Nuova Era

Rock Progressivo Italiano

5 stars Four NUOVA ERA works are highlights, but this is the pinnacle. Keyboardist Walter Pini composed a conceptual album about the war, taking a lot of elements from the classic Italian bands: high sense of melody and elegance, surprisingly changes and powerful rythms."Il Passo del Soldato" is one of the few prog stuffs without guitar I listened, but nobody will miss guitar sound, because Pini's keyboards arsenal is truly fantastic. There's a new singer, Claudio Guerrini, and his emotive voice adds dramatism to the story.This is the only album I can compare with the most maximum Italian jewel, MUSEO ROSENBACH's "Zarathustra": "Il Passo..." was made 22 years later with the 90's modern sound, and music is quite different, but spirit, power and fortress are the same.Vintage sounds are not recreated, but each time I listen to, I feel the same sensation that any great 70's band gave to me. All tracks are wonderful, conforming a real masterpiece. Highly recommended!
Marcelo | 5/5 |