Saturnia - Saturnia  CD (album) cover

SATURNIA

Saturnia

Indo-Prog/Raga Rock

Sheavy
4 stars This is a fairly surprising album, I was expecting something meditative and droney, and while their certainly is plenty of that to be found here, there is much more of a structure to the songs, than an endless dreamy drone, and on top of that, Saturnia have employed techno-ish beats to make this album even more memorable.

I like the (relatively) wide range of instruments used, such as a Theremin and a heaping of electronic keyboards and synths. All of the songs are very trippy, almost reminding me of more tripped out version of Anubian Lights, the way the techno-ish beats are used. Any fan of this sort of Prog should have no problem liking this great album.

I also have to point out the song Sculptress Sublime. This song is really different than all the others as it is more of a Avant Garde Psych song. It starts off with some dissonant guitar scratchings and wailings, before the techno beats overlay the noisy guitar, with what sounds like someone banging random notes on a organ. While this does not sound like something you would want to listen to, I feel anyone that can listen to the band Alien Planetscapes or any other similar Avant Psych band will really enjoy this album. A solid four stars.

Sheavy | 4/5 |