Jon Anderson - Three Ships CD (album) cover

Jon Anderson

RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
1 stars "Save All Your Love" starts not too differently from the kind of songs that can be found on the side A of "Private Collection". I remember that I was hoping to hear at least something similar, but in the end it's just a Christmas carols album.

I like Jon's voice. I know we are not too much, so I not only survived to the whole album, but I also copied it on a tape cassette and had a number of listens in my car.

In the end, the only nice thing is Jade's voice singing Jingle Bells.

Effectively it's not only a Christmas album, it's also a Christmas album of the 80s, with the actual electronics and a lot of the bad of that age.

It features not only Trevor Rabin as one could expect in 1985 (the Year of Big Generator if I'm not wrong), but also Elliott Easton from the Cars, a pop band that I honestly like, but there's no way to distinguish him.

At the end, "Save all your love" is the thing closer to an highlight, even if calling it in this way is too generous.

I have enjoyed the album, anyway, as I'm a YES addict, but it's honestly stuff for completionsts. Stick on Olias or jump to something further. Leave this album to us fans.

octopus-4 | 1/5 |