Peter Gabriel - Passion CD (album) cover

PASSION

Peter Gabriel

voliveira
3 stars 5/10

Passion is an album that is actually the soundtrack of the controversial and controversial The Last Temptation of Christ by Martin Scorcese. As I not watched the movie, I will limit myself to the album.

Here the influences of world music that had already been present in the career of Peter Gabriel are more than obvious - only a fool would not know them. African rhythms, tribal sounds of the Middle East - that's what sums up the album. Of the 21 songs found here, only one does not have these characteristics (With this Love, which is dominated by wind instruments like oboe, flute and cor anglais).

Although I have not been a big fan of Passion - and I do not consider it a masterpiece - there are good moments here. With this Love said this is one of those moments, in its two versions (instrumental and chorus), but the real highlight of this album is the phenomenal A Different Drum, I hooked the first time I heard this record and now is not only my favorite moment of it, as one of the best songs ever (if not the best) by Peter Gabriel. The rest is average or bad.

3 stars.